Do you want more work, or better work?
Register now for our FREE information and interview session for Sunday, March 15, 2020 10:00 am – Noon
Join the Heritage Maintenance Guild and upgrade your skills with our celebrated professional development courses.
- Are you handy?
- Do you have general renovation skills?
- Do you have knowledge and experience using power tools?
- Do you have the motivation to run your own successful small business?
- Are you currently a contractor, and want to learn new skills and earn a much higher income?
We are searching for motivated individuals to change their lives with a new and exciting career in heritage maintenance. Courses start in April, 2020 to teach the arts of heritage restoration and preservation on a small scale. There is a total lack of skilled heritage professionals who perform small job maintenance on the vast stock of older homes across Canada.
The student intern needs to be very flexible with weekday, evening and weekends courses at various itinerant campus locations in Southwestern Ontario. There will also be distance learning courses the student intern can take online.
Hands-on training is the only way to prepare the student intern to become an Edifice Guild trained Heritage Maintenance professional. We teach hands on, and our philosophy is the only way to learn all aspects of the Heritage Maintenance program is to get your hands dirty and learn from our highly experienced educators on a heritage site in Southwestern Ontario.
Register now for our FREE Information and Interview Session for April 2020 intake.
- Understanding heritage architecture;
- Understanding the intricacies of the design era of the subject building;
- Principles of heritage design, as related to the subject building;
- Principles of heritage woodworking;
- Understanding mouldings and trims;
- Safety and machine tool use;
- Principles of heritage interiors and exteriors;
- Heritage cladding repair and fitting;
- Window and door repair and restoration;
- Roof repair and restoration;
- Heritage masonry repair and restoration, brick and stone;
- Flat wall plaster repair and restoration;
- Heritage painting, interior and exterior;
- Using epoxies and when to replace, what to replace with;
- Wooden floors, repair, restoration and replication;
- Contracts and quoting, insurance, customer care.
Location of our FREE Information and Interview Session for Sunday, March 15, 2020 10:00 am – Noon
The Langford Schoolhouse
1694 Colborne St E, Brantford, ON N3T 5M1
FYI – Course Duration:
40 – 50 hours with a further 40 hours of on-site hands-on volunteer work at museum and non-for-profit sites in Southwestern Ontario. Courses are available during the evening and weekends.
Registration Form (You must Register)
You will be notified via email that you are registered for the Free session on March 15th
How to get to the Langford Schoolhouse Campus:
Visit The Edifice Guild and Atelier’s Website HERE…